Posted on: 27 October 2020
Roofing your house is a viable return-on-investment project. A quality roof will make your property attractive to your family members and potential buyers. This article discusses how to choose a roofer for your next home roofing project.
It would be challenging to find a roofer that can install all kinds of roofs. As such, your first task should be to determine what type of roof you want to install in your home. Below are some types of roofing materials to consider.
- Many homeowners prefer clay tiles since they are affordable and readily available. They are perfect for hot and humid climates since they have a high thermal emittance and cannot rust.
- Wood tiles are very attractive. However, their downside is that they absorb humidity and can easily catch fire.
- The primary benefit of metal shingles is that they can be fabricated to a variety of designs and colours. Besides, they are affordable compared to other roofing materials.
- Asphalt shingles are low-cost and help improve the energy efficiency of your home.
- Slate roofs are beautiful and durable. However, they are expensive and heavy.
- Environmentally conscious homeowners could opt to install solar singles or a green roof made from plants.
Identify roofing companies that specialise in the type of roof you want to install. The scope of the roofing works will help you narrow down your search. For instance, when building a new home, you will want a company that can install trusses and the roof. If you have an existing roof, you will be looking for a roofer that can conduct renovation works such as replacing the shingles and repainting the roof. Sophisticated roof designs, such as mansard, curved or domed, may require highly experienced roofers.
Contact a few qualified roofers and ask them to bid for the project. Critically examine each bid to know which company provides the highest-quality service. Moreover, check the terms of the roofers. For example, does the company have adequate insurance? Will they provide guarantees? What quality of roofing material will the company use? For example, some metal shingles will last for ten years, while others will last for up to thirty years. Inquire how the company will handle waste at your site. Most roofing materials can be recycled. You should also check the company's quote. Ask for seasonal discounts when negotiating the roofer's bid. Besides, you could pit one company against the other.
When choosing a roofing company, determine what kind of roof you want, examine the scope of works and ask qualified roofers to send a quote.
To learn more, contact a roofer.Share